Pour it Pretty: Chic and Affordable Glasses for Your Cocktails
Updated: Jul 14, 2019
Let’s face it-when it comes to food, presentation is everything. People eat with their eyes well before food ever touches their mouths. Cocktails are no different. The way a cocktail is presented determines how excited people are to drink it. And a huge part of a cocktail’s presentation is the glass or cup it’s served in. Finding the right cup for your cocktails doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive. But there are a few tips you should keep in mind when you’re in the market for new drinkware.
In general, your cup or glass should have a capacity of 8-10 ounces, the standard cocktail size. If you’re planning on stuntin’ for the ‘gram, clear glasses are ideal because they allow you to showcase the color of your drink. If you’re worried about your clumsy cousin, try stemless glasses or cups made of acrylic, hard plastic, or stainless steel to avoid any drunken mishaps. And remember, this ain’t your grandmama’s china so you don't need to break the bank to find glasses that suit your personal style or home decor. Stores like H&M, Anthropologie, and cb2 have a wide selection of beautiful and inexpensive glasses and barware that will impress even your bougiest friend. So if you’re tired of serving your guests drinks in red solo cups, let me help you elevate your mixology game with some drinkware suggestions.
1. Pineapple Moscow Mule Glass, $7.48 at Pier 1 Imports
2. Champagne Glass, $9.99 at H &M
3. Frasera Whiskey Glass, $2.99 at Ikea
4. Stemless Martini Glass, $3.92 at World Market
5. Gilded Rim Stemless Glass, $20.00 at Anthropologie
6. Stainless Steel Martini Glass, $8.98 at Pier 1 Imports
7. Copper Stemless Glass, $11.92 at World Market
8. Juliet Champagne Flute, $12.95 at cb2
9. Stemmed Wine Glass, $5.99 at H&M
Click here to download my glassware guide.
Where do you purchase your barware?