Drunken Fruit Mango Margarita
I partnered again with the folks at Drunken Fruit. Last time, I made a delectable drunken popsicle. This time, I’m sharing a very delicious Mango Margarita recipe featuring their Drunken Mango.
Drunken Fruit is “adult candy” created in Brooklyn and it’s the most versatile, delicious boozy ingredient I’ve ever had. You can eat them alone, add them to a cocktail, or use it to top your favorite dessert. Visit their website to place an order.
Makes 1 Margarita
8oz Drunken Fruit Mango
3oz silver tequila
2 tsp agave syrup
1oz orange liqueur
2oz fresh lime juice
1. Rub a lime wedge on the rim of your glass to moisten it.
2. Combine salt and sugar in a shallow dish.
3. Dip the rim of your glass into the sugar/salt mixture and twist to coat the rim.
4. Puree the drunken mango to desired consistency.
5. Combine pureed mango, tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, agave syrup, and ice in a cocktail shaker.
6. Give it a good shake
7. Pour mixture into rimmed glasses
*For a spicy kick, add a few slices of jalapeno pepper to the shaker or glass. You can even add a few peppers to your tequila and chill in the fridge for 3 days to create your own jalapeno-infused tequila.